As if the wildlife and spectacular beauty of Manuel Antonio aren’t enough to attract visitors from all over the world, our piece of paradise also has an amazing 24 of the 27 activities available in Costa Rica.
One of the perks of owning the Discovery Beach House is getting to go on local tours for quality control. We want to make sure year after year that you get the very best of what Manuel Antonio has to offer.
I recently bought a GoPro Hero3 camera online with the idea of creating a virtual experience of several of our adventure tours. I used the GoPro Hero3 because it’s compact, very affordable, simple to use and it comes with a waterproof housing for watersports. I used the waterproof housing for this Agua Azules Parasail Tour for the water landing. This tour is available right outside the Discovery Beach House door. Just head to the beach, turn left and look for the Agua Azules tent just a 5-minute walk away.
I did some things right and I made some mistakes my very first time using the GoPro hero3. I hope you learn from them.
Here’s the Equipment I Used:
- GoPro Hero3 ($199)
- Waterproof Housing (included)
- Head Strap + QuickClip ($19.99)
All the above items are available at GoPro.com along with many other accessories.
What I Did Right:
- I moved my head slowly when panning from side to side or up and down.
- I spoke loudly when I wanted to include narration because the waterproof housing muffles sound.
What I Did Wrong:
- The water housing fogged up when I landed in the water. You can avoid this by using anti-fog spray. If you forget the spray take a tip from divers and spit on the inside of the housing.
I made this video on my MacPro using iMovie to edit and AudioJungle.net for royalty-free music.
Overall, using the GoPro Hero3 was a great experience. I recommend it if you’d like to relive your Costa Rica adventures or if you’d like to share them with family and friends.